Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CRAP!

OK, I know I am not supposed to use that word, but as my children are unable to read, and not allowed on the computer alone, I think I am safe.

So, I put the kids down for their nap after a busy, fun-filled morning of playing at the park and doing Meals on Wheels. My friend, Amy, is having us over to her new house this afternoon and I wanted to bring her something. As I, of course, didn't think of it until naptime, I have nothing to give her. I had planned on planting some clippings of my ivy to have on hand in case I needed a little something to give a friend, but never did get around to it. So, instead I am making some Outrageous Chocolate Cookies a la Martha Stewart, pictured below (which, by the way, are just as delicious as they look and very chocolatey).



While the first sheet of cookies were baking, I poked my head in Charlotte's room to see if she had yet again taken off her pants and diaper. Lately, she has taken to doing so at naptime (actually, truth be told, she rarely misses an opportunity to disrobe). For some reason, she rarely is able to fall asleep with a naked bottom, so I have to check and rediaper. Unfortunately, this time, she took off her diaper after depositing a little surprise for me, which of course she had all over her bed and her body. Not exactly the sight one wants to see when making double chocolate cookies.

No comments: