Sunday, January 4, 2009

I love Wall-E!!


Danny went to the movies for the every first time this summer. Bil took him to see Wall-E, and he seemed to enjoy it well enough, though he wasn't nearly as effusive as I thought he would be. That is, until he started seeing advertisements for the video. Then, he told me over and over how dad had taken him to see the movie and that it was his very favorite. So, I promised him that we would rent it once it came out on video. Well, I am now prepared to buy this video. I am more excited about my children watching this video than anything, and this is why:


Wall-E is a robot whose job is to clean up the mess the humans left on Earth. He has spent the last 700 years just cleaning up messes and listening to show tunes. It is a cute movie, but the reason I really like it? The day after Danny viewed the video, he started pretending to be Wall-E, which basically entailed him frenetically cleaning up his and Charlotte's room using robot-like movements. Now when I want him to clean up, we pretend he is Wall-E. Not sure how long this will work, but I plan on milking it!


This is one cartoon character who I can support!

12 comments:

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Sounds like a smart momma to me! Use it, girl!

Happy New Year!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Can you tell him that my house is endangered, too? And then send him my way? Just asking...

goodfountain said...

I will run, not walk, to the store tomorrow to buy this video!!!

Perhaps I can convince my husband to pretend he is Wall-E too!

~ April ~ said...

Yano what... my Littles were pretending to be "wobots" (as Abbie says) when they were picking up their toys the other night. And we had watched Wall-E just last week. I totally didn't think of the connection, though.

I guess I'll have to let them watch it again, in the name of pretend play and cleaning! :D

Amy Jane said...

You kill me! I liked that movie, too. Have you seen Horton Hears a Who? It's pretty cute. How is the pregnancy going? Are you huge? You should totally post a belly pic on your blog...

bernthis said...

You know how my kid imitated Wall-E? She did an impression of his voice while trashing my house.

Lucky you

mrsbear said...

Heck yes, if it gets kids cleaning up after themselves, sign me up. :)

allaboutpotential said...

I'm going to check this movie out! anything that might get a kid to pick up is worth the price.

beckbot said...

When are they going to make a movie with a kid who never, ever tells his brother to shut up?

goodmum said...

Like Good Fountain, I will be RUNNING to the store to buy this video. NOW! Must go!

Kim said...

Awesome!

wish it had that effect on Meechi. he wants to watch it constantly. I am not a big fan of him watching it because of the lack of talking. Normally watching TV and movies encourages him to talk but not this one.

Elizabeth Channel said...

Man! We haven't seen this but boy we need to after this encouragement! Just what we need around here with the new puppy and all!