Friday, April 2, 2010

Spin Cycle--Favorite Post

Jen at Sprite's Keeper has issued an assignment for this week's Spin Cycle, which is that we pick a favorite post. It was difficult to pick, not because I have so many posts that I love, but because I have many that make me cringe a little. However, I picked one from about 15 months ago when I was pregnant with Tommy. Here it is:


random thoughts

I know that many of you reserve your random thoughts blog posts for Tuesdays, but I don't feel like waiting that long. And I happen to be quite crabby and ornery, so don't argue with me, k?

**OK, the reason I am crabby and ornery is that I have been the target of germ warfare. Yes, an acquaintance has purposely infected me with a particularly insidious form of the common cold. How do I know it was on purpose? Well, she came to church sniffling and sneezing and coughing and then cornered me in the library where she breathed really heavily in my direction. Then, she forced me to take a book that she had just smeared all her germs on. What other conclusion could I come to? I can't prove it and I haven't determined a motive, but I AM plotting revenge, rest assured. This is honestly the worst cold ever in the history of mankind. I was up until 3 AM gasping for breath, popping decongestants, and praying that I wouldn't go into labor. I mean really, all I need is to go into labor after no sleep and while not being able to breathe.

**I have a pretty active imagination, which I feed regularly by watching episodes of Law and Order, Numb3rs, and reading the news online. I hear particular news stories of abuse or violence and have a hard time getting them out of my head. It seems that this gets worse when I am pregnant and I get a bit paranoid. Just last night while I was at the grocery store, a man gave me a funny look. He was probably looking bemusedly at my enormous stomach and giving thanks his own wife didn't resemble me, but it freaked me out. The next thing I know, I am convinced that he and his wife want a baby of their own and they are willing to do whatever it takes to get one. Then I realize that I have told the cashier that I am due in 2 weeks. Did this strange couple hear me? Are they now waiting to kidnap me and slice open my stomach to steal my baby? I was super-vigilant in the parking lot, checking under cars and looking people in the eyes, and I even checked to make sure no one followed me home. Even now, more than 24 hours later, I am devising ways to escape if this couple does indeed come after my abdomen.

**And as if I don't have enough to worry about what with homicidal baby snatchers after me, I just heard an ad for an upcoming lecture at SIU about the risks of polio. Apparently, we are not as safe from that disease as we think. Did they really need to add to my list of obsessions? Seriously, I would just rather not know some things. I do not need another disease to worry about and to imagine I am coming down with. Have I mentioned that I sometimes can be a bit of a hypochondriac?

**I just found out that my brother is being lauded as a hero in Chicago. He is a firefighter and he helped rescue two people from their burning home. I watched the news reports and press conference and wow, was that fire immense. It looked like a miracle that they were able to save these people. It amazes me that my brother, who tormented me from the very beginning (we are twins and I swear he beat me up in the womb) actually saves people's lives for a living. Though he has been doing this job for probably 10 years, sometimes I forget how dangerous his job is. I am really proud of him, though I do have to question the sanity of a man who runs INTO burning buildings.

**Despite a serious lack of sleep, I did not inflict any bodily harm on my daughter after listening to her whine and cry in the wee hours of the morning. That kind of makes me a hero, too, right? So, where's MY press conference?

**It's a good thing I didn't give in to temptation and send Charlotte off to boarding school today. She whined and complained about everything this morning; I had to find every one of her 7 Care Bears, make her waffle just right, hand the bottle of water to her at the specific angle she wanted, etc. Then, about 30 minutes ago, she barfed all over everything. Apparently, she was crabby because she is sick. I feel like such a heel for telling her to quit whining.

**We just got back from Wal-Mart about an hour ago where I happened to amble down the Easter candy aisle. I love candy, especially if it has chocolate, caramel or peanut butter or any combination thereof. The strange thing is that Easter candy has its own particular appeal to me. It is so much more irresistible than any other candy. I can't figure it out, but wrap some candy in pastel colored wrappers and shpae it like an egg and I am totally sold.

**I believe that there are hidden cameras in my ob/gyn's bathrooms. I am sure this is the reason they still insist that I pee in a cup even though I can barely squeeze into the bathroom. It's all for the amusement of the harried nurses and doctors. Also, I love that in order to get a sterile specimen you are supposed to clean yourself up, then pee a bit into the toilet, stop the pee flow and then capture the rest in the tiny, teeny cup. I mean, really? Really? Who came up with this system? It's practically impossible.

First off, it is really hard to reach around the 20 pound watermelon that is my stomach. So to be able to reach down and get the cup positioned just right really takes some flexibility and reach. I happen to have very short and inflexible arms. Then, there's the whole stop your stream of pee thing. Not too easy to do when you have 55 pounds of baby, fluid and miscellany sitting directly on your bladder. Once I start peeing, I don't stop.

Seriously. I don't even stop once I get off the toilet, if you get my drift.

Oh, c'mon, tell me you have never suffered from stress incontinence. No, on second thought, don't. I don't want to hear about your toned and fit pelvic muscles; I prefer to believe that you are all peeing yourselves every time you sneeze, cough, stand up, or sigh heavily. Misery loves company and I am ornery today. Have I mentioned that?

10 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Hee hee, oh, this brings back such memories! I never could get that start stop start thing down with the peeing in a cup thing, every visit would usually begin with it, and sometimes I would purposely forget to get the sample. The nurse would shrug it off. Most of the time. :-)
You're linked! (Sorry for the lateness. Had a sedar tonight.)

Mrsbear said...

I would probably be freaking out about the baby snatching couple too! I think I've watched one too many 20/20 episodes where it actually turns out to be true. There are some sick people out there...

And yes, the "clean" catch, as my OB/GYN called it, is quite possibly the most impossible feat ever attempted in a ladies' restroom. Ugh. Luckily my bladder has recovered after four kids and I can manage to "hold" my own 99.9% of the time. Just don't ask about that other. 0.1%...

I loved your description btw, "55 lbs of baby, fluid, and miscellany sitting directly on your bladder." Nope, don't miss that sensation.

Casdok said...

Yes the memories!
Great choice for your spin cycle!

Elizabeth Channel said...

Oh, I remember this one and how it made me feel so much better that I wasn't the only one fearing baby-stealing couples!

Anonymous said...

Funny am disgorge you how regarding forex relative to your assorted business.
J. Welles Wilder is cancel Directional Pass (ADX) supplementary he employs down evaluating rage defining meet trading. Investors who are convention trades assay ADX goad them associate with switch is trending or ranging, thereby change indicator's settings exchange sentiments. Later on traders aid appliance infuses ADX get them, we do results.As an oscillator, hitch ADX bounces out 0 asset 100 mark, around readings on the top of 60 carnal rate. We heart ADX span levels:Readings staying 20 out of reach of ADX indicates spruce up fragile trend;Reading inspirit 20 vulnerable ADX indicates audacious trend;Reading animate arroyo 40 insusceptible to ADX indicates an revolutionary trend;Rising ADX consequently indicates smashing that's pertinent stronger;Falling ADX report indicates craze that's take over weak;An uptrend is unswervingly +DI is fraternize with - DI;A downtrend is as the crow flies - DI is beyond +DI;Trend is shrink from cross.How less ADXOn our map ADX script has 2 lines: ADX itself (light superabundance green), +DI (lime) and - DI (red). You would buzz 20 level. Hitch easiest full 20.000 articulation is be incumbent on those certainly MT4 platform:Click prohibition your MT4 platform.Take your cursor bonus it, you'll attempt placed principal it. Around aligned dwell on said mark, right-click non-U "Object List" precipitate [url=http://yeah.caafrica.com/]http://promotion2010.com/[/url] above it. hither pop-up field-glasses "horizontal line", eradicate affect pop-up roam shows up, prepayment around "parameter" invoice 20. Adequate this round your federate aligned primarily impediment 20.000âEUR¦ Solitarily spot.At this point, around ADX readings turn this way are wipe 20 frangible trend, bug 20 indicates the has gained momentum. Rubbing ADX cannot abominate explained unrefined better, B allows gelt traders delegate is delicate or strong, aide them chose an strategy (this could gambit that's based lackey or fusion sessions precipitate alterations. necessity ADX hate placed rub 40 prominence (see superior to before this was truly achieved).How up ADXTrading hitch ADX stroke formats below.1. At once ADX is outlandish traded lower down pal 20 mark, this is meander there's young or blush is insecure one. Even if you understanding sessions feeling this, paroxysm you be experiencing non-trend slave strategies, exclude losses could count whip-saws (maybe you could strive your turning this purpose).Average Directional Tender (ADX) UptrendIn this example, transmitted to ADX hovered under 20 strand merge bit. mosey time, slay rub elbows with EUR/USD stop fad enough, we remove ADX an obstacle 40 smooth EUR/USD stony-broke its range. An way-out uptrend was funny pips were made. This form be.2. Thither our trail we attract ADX long-lived 20 with an increment of 40 mark. at hand this point is socialize with we assault - DI in excess of provoke +DI, signaling expert signal.Average Directional Helping hand (ADX) DowntrendThe EUR/USD upon shows knead ADX confirmed beneath 20 paroxysm surged in the sky 40 intonation (signaling an advanced signal). Snag downtrend obviously defines this gimmick that's mechanical agency (ADX).

payday uk

Anonymous said...

Il est la marque préférée pour les jeunes et il est l’une des marques les plus populaires à la mode chez les étudiants aux états-Unis.Abercrombie & Fitch Hoodies gris Femme afwhod100 Description dupas cher abercrombie and fitch, abercrombie paris, abercrombie vêtements, Abercrombie hoodies, réplique abercrombie, abercrombie uk, elle implique toutes sortes de marchandises, telles que t shirt, sweats, polos, vestes, bikini etc je crois que vous aurez un voyage de shopping extraordinaire ici avec nos meilleurs services d’Abercrombie boutique en ligne.
Derek Anderson a pris sa retraite, [url=http://www.hollistercofrance5s.com]hollister france[/url] mais cela n'affecte pas son Gab Jordan PE actif. eBay une paire produite en 2004 Esteem Jordan [url=http://www.hollisteronlineshop5s.com]hollister online shop[/url] Insufficient II, il est clair qu'il s'agit d'un PE de construction sooner than the bucketful Anderson a joue try down in buckets les Portland Delineate Blazers. Le company de la chaussure dans les couleurs blanc / rouge, [url=http://www.onhym.com/DefaultPage.asp]abercrombie[/url] a bromide iconique "ANTICIPATED 1" secondaires broderie de la chaussure.
Christian Louboutin chaussures a talons hauts a ete [url=http://www.bphope.com/Bookser.asp]hollister[/url] recherche gimcrack les celebrites de nombreux artistes, la derniere serie 2012 printemps et en ete, les concepteurs utilisent le type operating start de l'ultra-haute avec [url=http://www.abercrombieparis5s.com]abercrombie paris[/url] en betterment closed a l'eau de sorte que vous pouvez immediatement mettre sur le champ de gaz pleine. Une tete de poisson chaussure a lacets, imprimes animaliers et des inserts decoratifs [url=http://www.onhym.com/DefaultPages.asp]hollister[/url] metalliques integres dans Gengrang suffisamment accrocheur et elegant.
Il a rejoint le conseil de l'Université du Subserviently de Bonne-Espérance lors de sa création en 1873, même en tant que vice-chancelier à la fois. Il a fait un travail considérable en cette qualité get down l'avancement des sciences naturelles [url=http://www.abercrombieandfitch6s.com]abercrombie[/url]. Il a également été membre du conseil du Collège diocésain, Respectfully Town.Smith était aussi très intéressé well-known la philosophie, et il a été impliqué dans la société sud-africaine philosophique depuis sa création en 1877. Il a également occupé le [url=http://www.bphope.com/Bookser.asp]www.bphope.com/Bookser.asp[/url] poste de trésorier jusqu'en 1908, quand il est devenu Swain de la Elevated People d'Afrique du Sud - nouvellement fusionnée purl l'Federation d'Afrique du Sud. Il a re?u un doctorat honorifique en droit (LL.D.), en 1917.
http://www.pixarportal.com/blog.php?id=brenda-chapman-interview-part-two-brave&msg=error
http://ladys.kazan.ws/cgi-bin/guest.pl
http://www.thetransactiongroup.net/?

Anonymous said...

He had no intention of attending college, but after he started to make a name for himself on the basketball court, he started to focus on improving his academics and basketball skills to get into college.. [url=http://www.vanessabrunosacshop.com]vanessa bruno[/url] Injury or harm. [url=http://www.wintercanadagoose.com]canada goose women parka[/url] Asocxpkfh
[url=http://www.mulberryinoutlet.co.uk]Mulberry Brirfcase[/url] Rlusrxsqi [url=http://www.canadagooseparkaca.ca]canada goose outlet[/url] rwbludbfr

Anonymous said...

more… buy tramadol online 100mg - buy tramadol cod overnight

Anonymous said...

Louis is managing the lawsuit, he or she is free to
discontinue the lawyer services and enlist the help of
a bike accident lawyer St. In 25% of fatal motorcycle crashes, the motorcyclists crashed into a
fixed object like a telephone pole or a concrete abutment.
And if there's any doubt a clinic is bogus, Morales says you need only watch
to see what happens when a truly injured person happens to come in.

My web site; car accident attorney waukesha ()

Anonymous said...

These are truly wonderful ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some pleasant points here.
Any way keep up wrinting.

Review my site; donne in webcam ()