Friday, April 13, 2012

Running away from home....

Probably for the first time since I was a teacher, I am counting down the days until summer vacation.  I need to be done with this school year.  Danny needs to be done with this school year.    Honestly, if we have another homework battle like the ones we have been experiencing these last few days, someone is going to get hurt.  

And getting the kids up in the morning and dressed and fed and ready to meet the world is getting so old.  Each day, they drag just a bit more slowly.  Each day, we're a couple minutes later.  It's going to get to the point that I don't get the kids to school until lunchtime if something doesn't change soon.

This is why I have a fantasy of starting a special school where teachers actually know how to help kids like Danny.  Where they don't stress him out every single day because they talk too much and use none of the visual aids I keep telling them about.  This is also why my other fantasy is to just run away from it all.  

Instead, I'm escaping via Special Needs Ryan Gosling again this week.  I can't seem to stay away from the man.  Really, can you blame me?








Check out the hilarious Sunday Stillwell and her awesome blog for more Ryan!  The other bloggers who contribute are brilliant, too!

7 comments:

Lizbeth Cole said...

Lovely, Alex will be signing up for that school!!! And I'm right there with you about this time of year. I feel like we're knee deep in muck. At least I know I'm in good company.

(((Hugs)))

Sunday said...

WooHoo! That is the kind of school we really need!

Puzzled said...

Ahhhh, the dream school made possible by Ryan himself... yes!!

Elle said...

My mom's a Special Ed teacher and, after all the BS she's dealt with in the public school system lately, I've just about convinced her we should commission a charter school. You and Ryan can have one teacher and one ed tech. :D

Jenny said...

Best. School. Ever.

Maria D. said...

I am right there with you on the school idea, it just seems so simple to me, but yet the teachers just don't seem to get it. Ryan will make it even better too!

profmomesq said...

I am enrolling my kiddo the day you open ESPECIALLY if Ryan's there! :-)