Friday, May 4, 2012

Poolside

Wow, how I love Fridays!  And the picture for this week's Ryan Gosling Special Needs meme is perfect.  I have been working pretty hard to prepare for summer: I set up a schedule and a system that I think will help Danny.  He does so much better with some structure, and he needs some limits to how much computer time he'll get.  He may not be happy with all the aspects of my summer plan, but in the long run, I think he'll thrive.  And I'm hoping that means this summer will go much better than next.  

One thing for sure: we are buying a family pass to our local pool.  It's the one place I can take the kids where they never fight.  I love that pool even more than I love Ryan.









Check out all the other bloggers who are participating in Special Needs Ryan Gosling at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood!




8 comments:

Mom2LittleMiss said...

I NEED to get Little Miss to the pool this year -- it has the same effect for her as it does for Danny.

You go with your bad self on the picture schedule -- I'd love to see it!

Lizbeth said...

Can we go to the pool together? Alex sinks like a rock. And that's after 3 years and a million dollars in lessons......

Flannery said...

Looking forward to Connor wearing himself out in the pool this summer. I only wish Ryan was there...

AutismWonderland said...

Love the poster - swimsuits do get in the way ;)

Norrin LOVES the pool - he's so happy and it wears him the heck out
!!

I can't wait :D

Sanstrousers said...

I concur! Swimsuits are over-rated!

Maria D. said...

I hope the pool at the local Y works as well at tiring out my boys as it did last year, can't wait! Great Ryan posters!

danette said...

Love it!!

Dh is looking forward to taking the boys to the pool this summer, we finally feel like they are at a point where they will be ok with only one parent there (from a safety perspective).

Ginny Marie said...

So awesome!! We just bought our pool pass last week...yay!