Friday, November 1, 2013

How does she love me? Let her count the ways

republished from 2011


The following is a transcript of an overheard conversation between Bil and Charlotte ( when she was about 5 years old), as they shared a piece of Chocolate Almond Chiffon Pie:

Char: Mommy makes the best pie in the whole world!

Bil: You're right! She really loves us, doesn't she?

Char: Yes, mommy loves us lots and lots!

Bil: And we love her.

Char: Yes, I love mommy sooooo much! She is the best cooker EVER!

Bil: And mommy's pretty funny, isn't she?

Char: Yes. And mommy makes really good chocolate chip cookies!

Bil: You love it when mommy is silly with you, don't you?

Char: Mmmhmmmm....I also love mommy's Rice Krispie Treats and the cakes she makes!

Bil: And don't you love how nice mommy is to you?

Char: Yes! She makes me brownies and they are deeeelicious! And I love her pies and her cakes and her cookies! Oh, mommy makes the best treats in the world. Her peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are yum, yum, yummy! I really, really love mommy! And I love the muffins and cupcakes she makes, too. Mommy is great!

Mommy: Hey, Charlotte, what if I couldn't make you treats anymore? Would you still love me?

Char: (woeful) Nope. I would be soooooooooooooooo sad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more posts on cooking and food, go to Second Blooming

Second Blooming

3 comments:

gretchen said...

HA! Oh my. I guess we all kind of suspect that, don't we?

Thanks for linking!

Ginny Marie said...

Ohmygosh, this is so cute! Isn't is fun to look back and read what cute things our kids said? I just wish I had written more things down!

Heather said...

Hi Patty! I just wanted to know if you would be able to answer a question about your blog! I'm Heather and if you if you could email me whenever you get a free moment at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!